The Bicycle Emporium Return Policy
'Change-of-mind' includes purchases you have made in error. For example:
- accidently ordered the wrong size or colour
- items that don't fit the way that you would like
- unwanted gifts
If you change your mind on your purchase from The Bicycle Emporium, in-store or online, you may return most products (see below for exclusions) to us in the manner specified in this policy within 30 days, for a full refund.
Please note the following conditions:
- Any product that is altered, damaged, washed or worn in any way, or is missing the original box, packaging material, contents, accessories, and/or manuals (i.e. any product not in "sellable" condition) cannot be accepted as a return.
- Proof of purchase and delivery from the webstore is required for all returns and must accompany the product being returned.
- The Bicycle Emporium will not refund the shipping costs you paid for the initial purchase of the product. We will only refund the cost of the returned product if it is deemed acceptable for return (see below for products that we do not accept for return under our change-of-mind policy).
- Specific warranty terms may apply to some products.
- We do not accept the return of products under our change-of-mind policy that are:
- Water bottles;
- Sale or marked down items.
- The Bicycle Emporium does not accept returns on bicycles or special order items (items ordered in specifically for you at your request).
- We process warranty returns via the product supplier, the timeframe for this is variable depending on the supplier and is beyond our control.
If we receive a returned product more than 30 days after the product was delivered to you, The Bicycle Emporium cannot accept the returned product and will not provide you with a refund under the change-of-mind policy, although you may have other rights, which are set out in the Terms. If you return the product after the 30 days in which it was delivered, we will return the product to you at the same address that you specified in your initial order, and we may charge you additional shipping costs.
If you would like to return any of your purchase(s) from your recent order, including Click and Collect Equipment and Apparel, please contact The Bicycle Emporium [email protected] or respond to the email receipt that you received. If returning items by post, include a printed copy of the email receipt. If the product is faulty or defective, please describe the perceived fault or defect in as much detail as possible.
Follow these steps for a swift return:
- Ensure that the product is in original condition and not damaged, washed or worn and that packaged item(s) are in original packaging and well-sealed. All items that were sent with the order must also be returned (i.e. tags, manuals, instructions, etc.).
- Include as much detail as possible and include the receipt with the item.
- Once your return(s) are received, we will complete the return as promptly as possible, subject to the return being made in accordance with this policy.
- The address for returns is:
The Bicycle Emporium
2/158 River St
Ballina NSW 2478
- The number for telephone inquiries is: 02 6681 4054, open Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. While we are open weekends and public holidays, there may not be staff available to process your enquiry.
- Notes and conditions:
- Proof of purchase is required for all refunds.
- The Change-of-Mind Policy applies to full-priced items only, which must be returned in a "sellable" condition (unworn, unwashed, with the tags still attached) and in the original unmarked packaging. It does not apply to defective items in respect of which you have other rights as set out in the Terms (as set out above in the conditions of our Change of Mind Policy).
- Specific warranty terms may apply to technical products.
Can I exchange a product?
We do offer product exchange under our change-of-mind policy. If you wish to exchange a product, you will need to return your purchase in the condition described above for a credit and exchange.
Will you refund my shipping costs if I return my order?
The Bicycle Emporium will refund the cost of the returned product under our change-of-mind policy, but we will not refund the shipping costs you paid for the initial purchase of that product.
Do I pay for return shipping?
Yes, you will need to pay for shipping of any items that you return.
When will I get my refund?
Your refund will be processed as soon as the product you have returned is inspected by our team, and it is confirmed that it fits within our change-of-mind policy. This quality check can take up to a week from receipt; however, we aim for less.
Once the return has been approved, it takes 1-2 days for the refund to be made to your payment services provider (for example, your credit card issuer). Please note that the time taken for a payment services provider to provide you with your refund can vary depending upon the provider.
What are my rights under the Australian Consumer Law?
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Please refer to the information provided here by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission: